Re: Anatomy information: suit and number distinguishable from reverse side

Go to www.rowmark.com for info on engravers plastic. SJ Ben Finney writes:
Steve Jones <bluepantherllc@...>
writes:
You asked for "non-expensive" materials, but the only material I know
of for the "subtractive" way of making piecepacks is a material called
"engraver's plastic".  It's not cheap ($10 per foot and you'd need 4
different colors - that's $40 for the single sided variety.) It's
basically a piece of acrylic with a different color thin veneer of
plastic on one or both sides. And the double-sided stuff is even more
expensive.

Thanks for this information.
I've seen mentioned some .laminated plastics.. Should I expect those
to have composition suitable for engraving to reveal different colours?
What questions would I need to ask to find out whether it's suitable for
my purpose (of achieving contrasting colours by engraving only)?
--
 &#92;       .It is wrong to think that the task of physics is to find out |
  `&#92;         how nature *is*. Physics concerns what we can *say* about |

Steve Jones
Blue Panther LLC - All wood games all the time!
BoardGamesNow LLC - The best indy PNP board games!