Re: New Stack Exchange site for discussing board and card games

"imfurry" <donkirkby@...> writes:

> There's a discussion forum being planned for discussing the playing
> and design of board and card games. It will use a tagging system, so
> focusing on piecepack should be easy if you're not interested in other
> gaming topics.
>
> The site will run on the Stack Exchange engine
[…]

Yay! One thing that keeps me away from a lot of the existing places is
the lack of OpenID authentication. With a StackExchange site, I can
re-use my existing identity that I control.

Now if only BoardGameGeek would also accept OpenIDs, I'd be in bliss.

> If you're interested, please help define what should be on-topic and
> off-topic for the site. Then commit to being a part of the community
> and help with the beta testing.
>
> You can find out more here:
> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/5220/board-and-card-games?referrer=7cnqhpc3unJXXXrT0S5BhA2

Done.

A word of advice to people participating in that define-the-parameters
exercise: comment and vote on existing questions a lot, because you only
get to make five question exampless of your own. (Mine were mostly
examples of questions I *don't* want to see on such a site, so I'm
happy.)

--
 &#92;           “If [a technology company] has confidence in their future |
  `&#92;      ability to innovate, the importance they place on protecting |