Re: New game added to the wiki: Piecepack Isle

 Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...> wrote:

> Yes. The rules for the Good Portsmanship contest covered this.
>
> http://www.ludism.org/piecepack/pp7.html
>
> Ron

sshum2003:  Meaningless and doesn't comply with copyright law.  That comes from the Copyright Office website but doesn't refect copyright law.

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:53 AM, littlebrothertimmy
> <littlebrothertimmy@...> wrote:
> > You're welcome :-)
> >
> > I explicitly did not add anything about the rights, since the original game is still available. The rules I made are not mine, so I have no rights over them. I just adapted the original rules, so this game can be played with the piecepack system.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to handle a situation like this? Am I allowed to have some kind of power over rules that aren't really mine (in the sense that I can say these rules can be coppied, modified, and/or redistributed)?

sshum2003:  Given a port is a derivative work, the "porter" only has right in "translation" into a piecepack.  The base game still is copyrighted by the original designer.

So Piecepack Isle's copyright info should read:

Piecepack Isle
(c) Roger
based on Forbidden Island (c) original designer (or company)