Re: [piecepack] Re: New game added to the wiki: Piecepack Isle

Sorry, I'm harina a hard time understanding some parts of your message,
however, it seems to me that you are confusing what can be copyrighted and
what it means to do a derived work.

The actual text of the rules is what's copyrighted. Not the meaning. So, an
example of a derived work could be a literal translation of the rules.

To adapt the ideas expressed on those rules so they can be used with other
components, is not the same, and the result is not a derived work as long as
you don't use the actual text from the rules.

Again, copyright protects the actual written expression of the rules, but
not the ideas expressed within those rules. That's what patents are for, and
they are almost never used in the context of boardgames...

Jorge