Games We Play in Seattle Cosmic
Here are some games we tend to play a lot in Seattle Cosmic. The data was collected in December 2002 and covers most of the games or GameSystems we played at least three times that year, in decreasing order of frequency. This is only meant to give you a taste of what we play; I don't claim the data is exact.
- 15 times: Cosmic_Encounter?. This is our staple game, and the origin of the name "Seattle Cosmic". We play it at least once a month, usually on the fourth Saturday.
- 13 times: The Icehouse and piecepack GameSystems. The Icehouse GameSystem gets played so often because we play a lot of Zendo; we play just about as many piecepack games, but a wider variety of them (as often as not some prototype that one of the game designers in the group is testing).
- 10 times: Puerto_Rico? and Zendo (an Icehouse game; this is the number of game nights at which we played the game, but it's quick and we played multiple games per session).
- 9 times: Lord_of_the_Rings?, with various expansions, especially the Sauron expansion. Also, games with a StandardDeckOfCards.
- 6-8 times: Blokus, Expedition, and Zoff_im_Zoo? (a.k.a. Frank's Zoo), all favourite fillers and closers.
- 5 times: Samurai and Through_the_Desert?. Pure Knizia, as Babelfish would have it.
- 4 times: Barbarossa, Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer? (comes out a lot less often now that Lord_of_the_Rings? has the Sauron expansion, making it also a many-versus-one game), Can't_Stop?, Entropy (a.k.a. Hyle 7), Medici, Princes_of_Florence?, Pueblo?, Ra?, Taj_Mahal?, Traders_of_Genoa?, Web_of_Power?,
- 3 times: 6_Nimmt!?, the Alpha_Playing_Cards? GameSystem, Bohnanza, Bridge? (using the StandardDeckOfCards), Chrononauts, Citadels?, Die_Handler?, KidSprout_Jumboree? (a piecepack game), La_Citta?, Settlers_of_Catan?, Take_It_Easy?, Titan:_the_Arena?, TransAmerica?, Trax?, Werewolf (the last two reflect the number of game nights at which we played the games, but they are quick and we played multiple games per session).