Re: Killer App?

Not entirely. For an idea like the piecepack to proliferate, what it
needs is advertising. Given that no company stands to make a
HUGE bundle from sales, this means that the sanest way would
be a rabid online community. (At least large. Actually foaming at
the mouth might be a bad thing.)

I don't think a single game will do it, as the games have a rather
abstract feel to them -- I'm starting to think that themes sell
games more than any other factor (especially in the US).

One thing I did wonder is why piecepack.org doesn't cater to
newbie designers a bit more. Perhaps a bio section for the
various game designers---and possibly a review section as the
number of rules grows beyond a dozen.

This would help start the community, and provide a larger
incentive for unpublished game designers (and there are a LOT
of folks who can create decent games out there.) to begin
creating for it.

Moo
Frank