Re: Proposals for improving the piecepack.

--- In piecepack@y..., rmundsc@g... wrote:
> I have been fiddling around with a paper piecepack for a
couple
> days now and there are a couple things that I think could be
> done to improve the piecepack.

   Hi Rob!  These are some good thoughts; allow me to address
them:

> 1.  On the suit side of the tiles, it would be nice if the suit icon
> appeared in all four corners of the tile.

   There is a reason this was not done.  The suit is in only one
corner so that orientation of each tile is clear and easy to see at
a glance.  This works the same was as the facing mark on the
coins.

> 2.  The pawns should have a facing indicator just like the coins
> do.   It would be nice to have the players be able to have facing
> indication without having to surrender  1/6 of the coins from the
> set.

   I came very close to doing this, but ultimately I wanted to go
easy on manufacturers so they could use standard, stock
pawns.  Don't be afraid to require directional pawns in your rules,
though.  People can just grab them out of their Monopoly set.

Game On,
James