Re: Working on Rules?

--- In piecepack@y..., jdroscha@g... wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
>    I was just curious how many folks out there are
> currently "working" (in any sense) on one or more rule sets for
> piecepack games.  Just trying to get a feel for the
> current "developer community" as it were.

As I stated in an earlier post I am rying to write a boo that will
have 100 new games for the piecepack.   I had a brainstorming
session and came up with 16 concepts which I am starting to
flesh out into first drafts.  Here are the ideas I am excited about
the most so far:

Trick-or-Trick:  Be the first kid to collect a treat from every house
in town and get back home safely.  Will you dare to enter the
haunted house or cemetery.  Bad things can happen, but the
brave are often rewarded.  Play tricks on opponents to slow them
down.  Random board set-up, and lots of dice rolling to keep
things chaotic.

Quarm:  This is a scaled down version of a  game design I made
back in 1990, but never did anyhting with.  the original version
required about twice as many pieces as a standard  piecepack,
but its scaling nicely so far with only minor rule changes.  This is
a pure skill tactical game moving one of a set of pieces each turn
according to strict rules.  The goal is to eliminate opposing
pieces or capture special spaces called quarm.

Regards,
Rob