Playtesters needed for WORMHOLES

We are looking for playtesters for our new piecepack game, Wormholes.
Read the description below, and if you like it, email rwhe@...,
and he will send you a copy of the latest rules for the game.  If you
decide to be a playtester, we will expect you to play a game or two of
Wormholes (more if you like it!) and send us comments via email, the
sooner the better.  Once we get some feedback and refine the rules, we
will release them to everybody.  Thanks.

Marty and Ron Hale-Evans

*****

WORMHOLES
a game of starship tactics for the piecepack
by Marty Hale-Evans <marty@...>
and Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...>
[version 0.4b, 2001-09-23]

2 players
20-30 minutes

THE STORY

In a distant spiral galaxy, even now, two alien factions wage a
terrible (yet strangely nonviolent) war over a matter of deep
philosophical import.  The Orthodox OrthogonAliens believe that
peanut-butter sandwiches should be sliced lengthwise, and their
opponents, the Devout DiagonAliens, believe that peanut-butter
sandwiches should be sliced into little triangles.  Both sides employ
hyperspace technology that can transport their own ships across the
galaxy, or send their enemies into a black hole.  The victors in this
war shall rule their galaxy unto the most distant ages -- and perhaps
one day, our galaxy as well.

SUMMARY

Players take turns placing "wormholes" (coins) on the spaces of a
spiral grid board representing the galaxy.  Wormholes can send
players' starships (pawns) through hyperspace across the galaxy; some
wormholes are actually "black holes" (null coins) that can cause you
to lose your next turn.  After all wormholes have been placed, players
try to land both of their starships on their opponents' bases, diving
into wormholes that will send them toward opposing bases, while
avoiding both black holes and wormholes that will send them the wrong
way.

--
    Ron's Info Closet: Center for Ludic Synergy, Kennexions Glass Bead Game,