Re: [piecepack] Solo: A solitare game for PP -

Is there a symbol for copyleft? I know the symbol for copyright is ©  Maybe a backwards c in the middle of a circle would be nice or a regular c in a square. I know a backward c in a square. Maybe I should draw it out and copyright it or better yet copyleft it.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself I just had to be silly.

But on the serious side you can't copyright and idea. You can only copyright the way you expressed the idea. Here is quote from the copyright office. So if someone really wanted to they could take a game idea and rewrite it in their own words.

What does copyright protect?
    Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed.

  OK.  You have just made a statement equivalent to "Black is white".
  Insofar as the word "copyleft" has any legal standing, it pretty much
  means the opposite of "all rights reserved".  I recommend you follow
  this link, which explains some of the issues involved:

    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#WhatIsCopyleft

  When you state, "all rights reserved", this means that no one can copy
  your rules, including the people who manage the Piecepack.org site.
  That's not what you want, is it?

  As far as I know, "yadda yadda yadda" has no legal standing
  whatsoever. :-)

  Ron H-E

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor