Re: [piecepack] I've decided to name my piecepack.

I had a friend who named his dog Dog.  I think he spelled it Dog Fisher for the vet records. Fisher was Dog's last name. I don't know if Paul (Dog's pet) said the name with a captial when he called him or gave him a command though. I do know Dog couldn't read so it really didn't matter to the dog. He just came when he was called.

Don't ask me why I sent this I just felt compelled.
Tim

piecepack@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I was driving in my car tonight and it just came to me. I decided to

give my piecepack set a name.

I've grown to like it so much that I think of it more as a colleague

than as a box of wooden doodads.

Humans like to name things special to them, like pets, boats and

castles. But what to name my set? Remembering that a rose by any other

name etc., it came to me.

As Tarzan named his boy, 'Boy', so I named by piecepack set,

'Piecepack'.

So in future emails, I might get excited and start accidentally refering

to my piecepack by its name 'Piecepack'. When I do, please bear with me

and realize that I am refering to my own piecepack by its name (a proper

noun), and not a generic 'common' piecepack.

I will however be sure to depersonalize any final draft rules I submit

for publication.

Yours in jest,

dave cousins

"I've a pet dog named Eric, and a pet cat named Eric..."

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor