Hello!

I just joined this group and wanted to post a hello and a small
introduction.

My name is Karl and I just received my Piecepack in the mail on
Monday.

I first heard about the Piecepack through www.wunderland.com, where
www.piecepack.org was picked as Tirade's choice for the week of Nov.
22 2001. (You've probably seen the badge for this which now appears
on www.piecepack.org) Unfortunately, this was after Unity Games III
had taken place, where I later found out there had been a Piecepack
on the prize table, which I would have taken if I knew what the heck
a Piecepack was then.

I later told a friend of mine that I wanted a Piecepack for
Christmas, and she attempted to make one herself, along with a really
nice silk drawstring bag to carry it around in. The bag came out
great, but the Piecepack itself didn't, and she didn't manage to
finish it in time anyway, so I asked her if she wouldn't be to
offended if I kept the bag as her gift to me but ordered a
professionally made Piecepack. She said it was fine, so I did. And as
I said, it arrived two days ago.

I've never designed games before, but somehow this thing is rather
inspiring. I've come up with 3 games so far just off the top of my
head while sitting at work. I've playtested two of them alone Monday
and Tuesday nights, and one of them shows a lot of promise, so I hope
to post the rules here soon; I just want to playtest it with a few
other people first. It was going to be called "Scavenge", but I
noticed today that Kenneth Leyhe beat me to that name, so a quick
trip to the thesaurus produced a new name, Forage :-)

So that's my story. Happy gaming!