Re: [piecepack] Re: Wand of Odin, not yet ready for prime time.

hexchex wrote:

> --- In piecepack@y..., "prophesor" <edt@d...> wrote:
> > Well, I've cobbled together a piecepack, and played Wand of Odin.
> >
> > It's not so good.  Which pains me, because I thought it was good
> when
> > I wrote it.  So I guess I'm glad I never called it more 'done' than
> > 0.2.
> >
> > Gotta steamline it, maybe make it harder on the Quester.
> >
> > You'll all be the first to know.  :)
>
> Damn. I was looking forward to playing this one. I glanced through
> the rules and the game seemed like fun. I did have a little trouble
> following when the critters were placed on the board and when they
> moved though, but I think the game as a whole is a great concept.

Oh, it's an effective solitaire.  If you engage your imagination, you
get the sense of sneaking past critters too powerful to face, or of
getting caught trying.  Thing is, I have to arrange less juggling of
numbers, so the player can stay in that mental space, and keep that trip
going.

Tell you what, you go on and play it, and give me feedback.  It's worth
a credit on the 1.0 release if you do.  :)