Pawn upgrades: pawnplus

Reading Mark's last post reminded me that I was thinking how one would
approach upgrading the pawns in the pp spec. I thought a bit and came up
with the following pawn definition. Note this is totally speculative, I
don't know how much these dodahs would cost.

There are four pawns, one for each color suit.
A pawn is a 6 sided prism. It has a flat top and bottom with an
appropriate marking  so it may be inverted.. It has a directional
marking on both the top and bottom for directionality.
Each of the six sides are marked with a symbol that coresponds to the
six sides of the same suit die.

Neato things that can be done:
Pawns are directional, which could be way cool for some people.
Pawns can be laid on their sides, and the appropriate #/symbol can
represent something.
Pawns can be "rolled" like die.
Pawns can be flipped to represent a binary state.
I was thinking that a pawn could look like this:

/----\
|  ^   |   top/bottom view.
\----/
Just some thoughts. Maybe someone can put together a pawnplus spec.
Dave

PS: anyone have any feedback about solo?