Re: [piecepack] Re: Deranged Idea

Jim writes:

>It's probably quite fine if contests just pop up randomly from time
>to time.  I was just pondering that some kind of "system" could
>be beneficial to the hobby.  If designers felt they were taking part
>in something larger, potentially with a bit of history behind it, more
>of them might come out of the woodwork.
>
>Maybe we need a contest to see who can up with the best
>ongoing contest scheme....   har....

The next contest, IMO, requires more than one month from call for entries to close
of entries.  That's why I'm not in--the ONLY reason I'm not in--and I wonder how
many others feel that way.

Making good games takes time.

Check out the Chess Variant Pages (www.chessvariants.com) for an example of
regular and irregular game design contest offerings.  They've got two contests
going right now,and have done about ten, including one annual event.

Glenn