Re: [piecepack] Re: Deranged Idea

>   Another point to be made is that the contest rules clearly state
>that I'm not trying to judge "best" piecepack game designer, so
>regarding the prize as a trophy would seem peculiar.

That's a good point.   The "trophy" concept would need to revolve
around the game, not the designer of the game... not sure how that
could ever happen.

It's probably quite fine if contests just pop up randomly from time
to time.  I was just pondering that some kind of "system" could
be beneficial to the hobby.  If designers felt they were taking part
in something larger, potentially with a bit of history behind it, more
of them might come out of the woodwork.

Maybe we need a contest to see who can up with the best
ongoing contest scheme....   har....

Just babbling,
    Jim