Re: "Time Marches On" Winner - Coyote Moon

> Second, I'll not keep you waiting... I chose [trumpet
> fanfare] "Kidsprout Jumboree" as my favorite (and therefore the
> winner).

Congratulations!   I agree that game is a lot of fun.

> COYOTE MOON
> Comments: Appealing theme.  The "round" board with the
>clockwise and counterclockwise concentric tracks is groovy.
>The connection  to the contest theme is perhaps a bit weak, but
> that doesn't detract from the game itself.  (Future/past is a
>worthy thematic interpretation, but which evaporated quickly
>during play.)

I know, I know, the theme connection was horribly weak.  It was
so frustrating.  I couldn't think of a better mechanic to incorporate
time into a game before the deadline.   Note the board has 12
tiles.  It started out as a clock with 1 tile per hour, but I just
couldn't make it into a fun game.  Oh well.

> Suggestions: Not much... this is a decent, tight little game.  A
> better way to randomize the initial coin layout would be nice;
> the person placing the coins is very likely to (unintentionally)
>note  some of the coin values, which could provide a slight
>advantage.

Yeah, I don't like the current method either.  I think a possible
solution is:

-  Another player rearranges the moon tiles as they see fit after
all the coins have been placed, but before the players roll to
select a starting space.

> Any  additional ties between mechanics and theme would be
>welcome (besides being hopped up on payote while playing).

Yeah,  that would be nice, but I don't see it happening.  I really
forced the theme onto the game as it is.  The annoying thing is
that 3 days before the deadline for the contest I conceived of a
completely different game that did use the theme better, but I
didn't have time to fully develop and test it.  The new idea had the
players trying to avoid getting laid off from work by staying busy
all time.  A game very dear to my heart these days :) I'm still
working with the idea, so hopefully it will  become a full fledged
game in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rob M.