Re: [piecepack] Re: "Time Marches On" Winner - Coyote Moon

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 03:32:49AM -0000, rmundschau wrote:
> > Second, I'll not keep you waiting... I chose [trumpet
> > fanfare] "Kidsprout Jumboree" as my favorite (and therefore the
> > winner).
>
> Congratulations!   I agree that game is a lot of fun.

Thanks, Rob!

> > Any additional ties between mechanics and theme would be
> > welcome (besides being hopped up on payote while playing).
>
> Yeah,  that would be nice, but I don't see it happening.  I really
> forced the theme onto the game as it is.  The annoying thing is
> that 3 days before the deadline for the contest I conceived of a
> completely different game that did use the theme better, but I
> didn't have time to fully develop and test it.  The new idea had the
> players trying to avoid getting laid off from work by staying busy
> all time.

I'm grinning like a demon as I write this.  One of the games Marty and
I tossed around had the working title "Slacker".  It was the exact
opposite of your game!  You were supposed to do as much websurfing,
doodling, paperclip sculpture, and designing piecepack games (!) as
you could to fill out a 40-hour week without actually (a) doing any
"real" work, or (b) getting caught by your boss.  Cross-correlate that
with KidSprout Jumboree, which is also about shirking
responsibilities, and you see where our priorities lie...  (Actually,
Marty is a conscientious worker, but I'm (self-/un)employed at the
moment and enjoying it.)

> A game very dear to my heart these days :) I'm still
> working with the idea, so hopefully it will  become a full fledged
> game in the future.

I'm looking forward to playing it.  I hope you choose to finish it.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,