Re: Scrap the ratings?

--- In piecepack@y..., Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:
> I used to be strongly in favour of the rating system, but
considering
> recent abuses, I'm not so sure anymore.

How can you claim abuses to system just because a game was only rated
by two people and those people gave it low scores.  I find this to be
laughable that your oppinion is that just because the only ratings
that have been issued were low therefore the system is at fault for
allowing fraudulent scores by some"one" who must have it out for you.

> Here's an idea, Dave.  What about linking each game to a Comments
> page, where people can describe what they do and don't like about
the
> game.

Now this I do agree with, giving someone the chance to voice what
they do or dont like about a game gives other players a chance to see
whether they can accept certian features that someone else may not
have liked (e.g.  3 piecepacks for reversi).  Also this gives a game
designer the chance to see where other people find a game to fail or
work, thus aiding them in future revisions or later games.

Toren_L