Re: [piecepack] Re: pryamids done

  <KEN WROTE>

  I was going over the piecepack pyramids and came across this post.
  I am curious as to why you chose not to go with the standard
  piecepack numbering scheme.  If for nothing else then continuity,
  you have the four suits represented and went with 6 mids for each,
  why not use the null - 6 system.

  Ken

  </KEN WROTE>

  First, the pyramids are in six different sizes so which way should I run the sequence small to largest or large to smallest?

  Second, the null and the ace don't have to fall into a null,ace,2,3,4,5 sequence I think that's part of the reason they were assigned the null and ace instead of the absolute value of 0 and 1.

  Third, But allowing the individual game creator the option of assigning the letters A-F what ever value he or she wants allows more room for creativity.

  Currently there only two games that I am aware of that use the pyramids Sorcerer's Chamber and Snowman Meltdown (which you can use either a set of Icehouse or the pyramids) and neither one needs a value other then the suit assigned to the pyramids. But that doesn't mean future games won't.

  I did think of assigning them the null - 6 system at first, but the more I thought about it the more it made more sense to make them flexible by not assigning them a value.

  Tim Schutz