Re: [piecepack] Re: Anonymising pp contest entries?

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:43:12AM -0700, M. Hale-Evans wrote:
> > woah, easy you two - I meant no offense!
>
> No offense taken, JT!  Reading this, I see that my comment didn't come
> out with a wry smile in writing, as it did when I said it. :->

Well, _my_ feathers were a little ruffled.  Worrying about unconscious
bias on our part is one thing (I am concerned about the possibility
myself, which is why I'm not coming to the pp playtesting session),
but questioning whether there is _conscious_ (i.e. knowing and
intentional) bias on our part?  Them's fightin' words! :-)

> > My concern actually stems directly from the observations and lessons
> > learned from that community, if the piecepack contests could
> > incorporate an anonymising process as part of either the submission
> > or judging cycle I believe our contests would significantly benefit.
>
> I do think this is probably a valid concern, and while I don't see a
> good way to do it at this point, in this contest, whoever judges the
> next one might give some thought to it in the planning stage.

Ditto.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,