RE: [piecepack] Re: Next Design Competition

I too am coming to the conclusion that two per year would be more
appropriate. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that each competition is
six months long. There will be some time used up for judging (say 6 weeks)
and for designating and starting the next competition (say 2 weeks). So the
time between  the opening of a competition (the day when everyone finds out
the rules and new theme, etc.) and the closing (the last day when games may
be submitted) would be about four months if the numbers I have used are
reasonable.

Assuming we do go with two competitions a year, I suggest that good closing
dates would be the last day in July and the last day in January, although
there are obviously lots of possibilities.

Lastly, how should this be decided? (majority opinion among those who
post?). I would appreciate hearing James's opinions since he came up with
the whole idea in the first place.

-Mike