From: jdroscha [mailto:jdroscha@...]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 6:49 AM
To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [piecepack] Re: Every single aspect of piecepack?

--- In piecepack@y..., "davelernergames" <davelernergames@y...> wrote:

> I'm new to the piecepack system, and am still going through the
> games list.

Welcome!

> I have a question.  Does any current game use EVERY single aspect
> of piecepack, from the tic-marks on the coins to the quartered
> sections on the backs of the tiles?

By "aspect" here, I assume you mean all the markings on all
components.  Conspiracy (by Brad Johnson) might fit the bill.  As I
recall, it uses both sides of tiles, both sides of coins, the
directional pips on coins, and the dice.

> Also, which piecepack feature is the most used?

Hard to say.  In my opinion, nothing has been overused.

> And which is the least?

Directional pips on coins, I would hazard to guess.

If you are interested in other attributes besides markings, then
perhaps the 3-dimensional physical properties of the components are
least used.  Soccer (which, oddly enough, was the first game written
for the piecepack) is a flicking game.  Worm Derby uses a faboo tail-
to-head movement on a chain of coins (worm).  Hanging Gardens uses a
line-of-sight that relies on the physical properties of the pieces.
But those are all I can think of that do so.

Cheers,
James

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231049.2208958.3660596.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17050528