Re: [piecepack] Croquet, Everest, King Arthur's Court

Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 04:38:54AM -0000, mark_biggar wrote:
>
>>piecepack does not have enough flicking games, so I adapted croquet.
>>As there a 10 unique coin faces, it supports up to 10 players.
>>
>>I have uploaded a PDF file of the rules to group games in progress
>>page.
>>
>>--
>>Mark Biggar
>>mark.a.biggar@...
>

> Mark, there are some serious problems with this PDF.  I can't view it
> in any PDF-viewing program other than Adobe Acrobat Reader (in xpdf,
> all the text disappears and only the diagram remains), I can't convert
> it to PostScript to print on my printer (error messages), and when I
> try to print from Acrobat Reader, it comes out in the wrong font
> (14-point Courier or something), and the text illegibly bleeds off the
> page.  If you would kindly email me your Word file, I can probably
> upload an improved PDF tomorrow.

I used that free online conversion service www.gobcl.com and all I have
to check out the results is acroread on my windows laptop.  It looked
okay.  The main body of the text is suppose to be 12pt Times Roman.
I'm attaching the word file.

> I am eager to read the Croquet rules and try the game out.  By the
> way, have you heard of Castle Croquet?  It was invented by Lewis
> Carroll and might be adapted rather well...
>
> http://www.thebiggamehunter.com/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=18&page_id=16

Yes, that does look interesting and easily adaptable as well.  It also
looks big enough to be a separate rules doc.

> I just got home from Seattle Cosmic Game Night.  We managed to squeeze
> in a four-player game of King Arthur's Court and a two-player game of
> Everest.  The players had some important criticisms of both.  Would
> the authors prefer the playtesting results on the mailing list, or in
> private email?

Either is fine with me.

--
Mark Biggar