Croquet, Everest, King Arthur's Court

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 04:38:54AM -0000, mark_biggar wrote:
> piecepack does not have enough flicking games, so I adapted croquet.
> As there a 10 unique coin faces, it supports up to 10 players.
>
> I have uploaded a PDF file of the rules to group games in progress
> page.
>
> --
> Mark Biggar
> mark.a.biggar@...

Mark, there are some serious problems with this PDF.  I can't view it
in any PDF-viewing program other than Adobe Acrobat Reader (in xpdf,
all the text disappears and only the diagram remains), I can't convert
it to PostScript to print on my printer (error messages), and when I
try to print from Acrobat Reader, it comes out in the wrong font
(14-point Courier or something), and the text illegibly bleeds off the
page.  If you would kindly email me your Word file, I can probably
upload an improved PDF tomorrow.

I am eager to read the Croquet rules and try the game out.  By the
way, have you heard of Castle Croquet?  It was invented by Lewis
Carroll and might be adapted rather well...

http://www.thebiggamehunter.com/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=18&page_id=16

I just got home from Seattle Cosmic Game Night.  We managed to squeeze
in a four-player game of King Arthur's Court and a two-player game of
Everest.  The players had some important criticisms of both.  Would
the authors prefer the playtesting results on the mailing list, or in
private email?

(Yawn.)  G'night.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,