Castle Croquet

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:14:17AM -0700, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:

> I am eager to read the Croquet rules and try the game out.  By the
> way, have you heard of Castle Croquet?  It was invented by Lewis
> Carroll and might be adapted rather well...
>
> http://www.thebiggamehunter.com/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=18&page_id=16

FYI to everyone, especially Mark:

I am currently working on a version of Castle Croquet for the
piecepack, using Lewis Carroll's original rules rather than the
modernised version linked to above (which is copyrighted and heavily
abridged -- you have to pay $12 for the "real" rules and wait for them
to arrive via snailmail!).  I haven't decided yet whether I will build
on Mark's original Croquet rules under the GNU FDL or whether I will
write the rules up from scratch.  Probably the former, as that's the
strength of _free_ game rules.

It will be nice to publish at least one piecepack game before the
current contest is over and not have to worry about blowing my
anonymity.

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,