Re: [piecepack] Croquet, version histories

Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 03:02:12PM -0700, Mark Biggar wrote:

BTW, I just noticed a bad typo in the Corquet rules. The folowing sentence in the middle of the Player turns paragraph needs to have a
NOT added, so that it reads:

A player does NOT get an additional flick if his coin passes a wicket in the wrong direction or out of order

Ron, if you would mind fixing that an reuploading the file, Thanks.

Done and done.  I changed the version number from 0.5 to 0.5.1.

Thanks

BTW, I believe that documents under the GNU Free Documentation license
must include a "History" section that details the changes that were
made from version to version.  Marty and I have done this with our
games; see the bottom of "KidSprout Jumboree" for an example:

That's a good idea anyway, although I personaly don't consider changes
that only fix spelling and grammar to be significant enough to warrent
adding such a section.

  http://www.ludism.org/piecepack/jumboree.html

I haven't seen many other rulesets with a section like this.  (Nor did
I add one when I changed your Tabletop Croquet rules.)

I'm not absolutely sure that the GNU FDL requires this; let me reread
the license and get back to the group on this.  It IS a good idea if
required; it prevents people from changing the rules to something
stupid, or even changing the byline on a ruleset so it reads something
like "Tabletop Croquet by Ron Hale-Evans, version 0.5.1" without
making a notation that the rules were changed or the original author's
name was removed. :-)

Plus, sometimes it makes for interesting reading, and can help people
get up to speed on how the new version differs from the version(s)
they have already played.

I'll definitely add such a section when I make the changes to "Everest"
though.

--
Mark Biggar
mark.a.biggar@...