Croquet, version histories

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 03:02:12PM -0700, Mark Biggar wrote:
> BTW, I just noticed a bad typo in the Corquet rules.  The folowing
> sentence in the middle of the Player turns paragraph needs to have a
> NOT added, so that it reads:
>
> A player does NOT get an additional flick if his coin passes a wicket in
> the wrong direction or out of order
>
> Ron, if you would mind fixing that an reuploading the file, Thanks.

Done and done.  I changed the version number from 0.5 to 0.5.1.

BTW, I believe that documents under the GNU Free Documentation license
must include a "History" section that details the changes that were
made from version to version.  Marty and I have done this with our
games; see the bottom of "KidSprout Jumboree" for an example:

  http://www.ludism.org/piecepack/jumboree.html

I haven't seen many other rulesets with a section like this.  (Nor did
I add one when I changed your Tabletop Croquet rules.)

I'm not absolutely sure that the GNU FDL requires this; let me reread
the license and get back to the group on this.  It IS a good idea if
required; it prevents people from changing the rules to something
stupid, or even changing the byline on a ruleset so it reads something
like "Tabletop Croquet by Ron Hale-Evans, version 0.5.1" without
making a notation that the rules were changed or the original author's
name was removed. :-)

Plus, sometimes it makes for interesting reading, and can help people
get up to speed on how the new version differs from the version(s)
they have already played.

         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game &  Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/