Re: King Arthur's Court (was Camelot) version 0.3

Thanks for the questions, Steve.

I have the newest version of King Arthur's Court ready to upload (I
was hoping for the promised comments from Ron, but maybe
my changes address a lot of them anyway).

In answer to your concerns/questions:

1) A 5th 'character' role has been added - Excalibur (and small
changes made to Merlin, Guinevere, Arthur) which means that 1
role is not chosen each round in 2 or 4 player, and 2 roles not
chosen per round in 3 player.  A role may go 'unchosen' for 2
rounds, using an assigned die to track the 1st and 2nd round the
role is not taken.

2) Scoring has been altered drastically after some in depth
comments from Brad (thanks also to Brad for his other insights
on the design of this game), and a new example of scoring
inlcuded which, I hope, is mathematically correct.

3)  If a role is chosen and that person cannot carry out the role for
some reason then the player does nothing.  This is hinted at in
the explanation of the term 'exchange' in the game.  I can make it
clearer if anyone thinks it is necessary after they read the new
version.

4) I will have to think about the new theoretical high score ;)

Phillip

--- In piecepack@y..., "Steve Dupree" <dubistbullionkpf@h...>
wrote:
> In the scoring example, Irene has only 5 courtiers and Jacky
has 7.

> Also, one thing that Citadels and Peurto Rico have that KAC
does not
> have, is the factor of having more roles than players (** except
in
> the 3 player version).  I think that's what Ron was hinting at with
> comparing the roles to being "phases" rather than unique
roles.
> Though the newly revised roles do change that factor.
>
> What happens in the last round if Merlin is chosen after Gwen?
> There will be no aspirants to trade with.
>
> Also, just out of curiosity, what is the maximum score
possible?