Re: [piecepack] New game: Piecepack Subways

Benedict wrote:
Hi, everyone

My embryonic subway train game for the piecepack has its 0.1 version in the rulesets in progress file.

the basic game is for 3-4 players and is set in a generic city. Two variants (one for London, one for New York) are included. The original and variants have 2-player versions that basically reduce the city size to improve interaction.

Any input on gameplay, rules, too much similarity to other ganes etc etc appreciated as always (public or private, I don't mind).

Some questions and comments on your game from reading the rules (I
haven't played it yet):

1. can a player place a Grand Centeral station as one of their initial two stations?

2.  The cost of a track segment is unclear.  I think you are trying
to say that it is the average of the values of the two tiles rounded up,
correct?

3. It is intended that a track segment from one blank district to
another blank district cost $0?

4. Does a track segment from the board to Grand Central connect to
all the stations there or just the player's who built it?  Apparently
not, but the rules are unclear.

5. You need to make it clear that you can't operate your train until
you have connected up at least two of your stations.

6. you appear to have make loop runs (that start and end at the same
station illegal, correct?

7. Is a Grand Central station always a terminal station or can
a player build more then one track segment to it?

8. Neither City variant has a Grand Central district, correct?

9. Did you consider a setup with a pseudo-hex grid by offsetting each row of tiles by a half tile?

Looks like a reasonable train game, I can't wait to try it.

--
Mark Biggar
mark.a.biggar@...