Re: piecepack.org -Ideas

I guess I didn't make myself clear.

What I liked was the fact that Ron pointed out that there were only
around 15 designers/design teams with games on
piecepack.org

Karol's original idea was to have some info on the designers of
the games as well as feature the games themselves, I think.

I also want the emphasis to be on game design rather than the
designer as such.

I was suggesting that one option would be to have a designer of
the month and within that  a game of the week.  If the designer
has created a lot of games the designer could present one
game a week for that month.  If the designer has created less
than that then the 1-3 games of that collection could be featured.

>What if you design your really good
games AFTER you're profiled as Designer of the Month? Then
the
piecepackpublic might miss out on hearing about your good
games.

Well, that depends on what you consider to be a good game -
what if that person produces enjoyable games you want to play
every once ina  while but never produces a masterpiece?  And
why should there be anything to stop someone from being
designer of the month frequently?.... (if you were DotM in Feb,
then produced a masterpiece in May, what would stop you being
profiled in July?).

Perhaps a good compromise considering the number of games
and designers would be to profile a game every two weeks.

Of course how is it going to be decided which game to profile?

Phillip