RE: status

What an incredible finish! I've been away from my computer since 11AM Friday
and at that time there were eight games as far as I knew. Saturday I saw
Mark Biggar at Games Day, a day-long game-playing gathering that we have
around here about every month or two, and he told me that Karol had posted
that there were sixteen games submitted in all.

I admit to being surprised. I had thought that we would have about half that
many games. In the contest rules I stated that the winner would be announced
on 17 February, but I also stated that if the quantity of games was
unusually large that date might be pushed back. I don't know yet if that
will be necessary but it may well be; I'll have to see how the play-testing
goes.

One thing that would help tremendously would be to get more play-testers. I
have some people with whom I play games regularly (but not daily), and my
brother Steve, who's also a piecepack enthusiast, will be visiting from
SoCal for a few days of solid play-testing. Yesterday at Gamesday I lined up
some more people willing to evaluate some of these games with me, but
additional players would still help a lot. As for myself, I have scheduled
lots of time for piecepack game playing over the up-coming four weeks.

So, anyone living in the San Francisco Bay area (I'm in Belmont) who is
interested in helping out and getting an early shot at a bunch of new games
please e-mail me. Anything from a single evening or Saturday, to multiple
days would be welcome. However I must decline offers from anyone who
submitted a game or knows of a game submitted by someone else.

Thanks!

-Mike Schoessow