Re: Reworking pp games for stand alone publication.

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Michael Schoessow
<mschoessow@s...> wrote:

>  > And we have to have
>  > something to talk about now that the contest judging period
is
>  > going to last 2 more weeks....)
>
>  > Thanks
>  > Phillip
>
> OK, so I guess I do feel guilty about that. Consequently I'll help
try to
> get this new discussion off the ground.
>
> One consideration for trying to get a game published that was
submitted to
> one of the piecepack contests or that is on the piecepack rules
CD is that
> author does not own the game. This means that the publisher
would not have
> exclusive rights to it. This might not be important for some
publishers but
> it does mean that if a game were published and became
popular, another
> publisher could decide to also publish it without having to pay
for the
> right to do so. The specific artwork likely *would* be
copyrighted though,
> so that would have to be new.
>
> -Mike Schoessow

That wasn't meant to give you a guilt trip.... although what are you
doing posting messages when you should be playtesting the
games? (big grin)

So if the published games and competion submissions are not
owned is there any point in adding the copyright line to the
rulesets?

On the bright side, many of the themes of the piecepack games
could easily be changed without affecting gameplay.

Phillip