Aforementioned piecepack goodies!

If you haven't read my previous message about the Trophy Cloth, you
might want to do so now, as it is relevant here.

During the digitisation (conversion from computer graphics to an
embroidery stitch pattern), it actually proved _more_ cost effective
to digitise the whole piecepack logo as seen in the image below, then
separate and magnify each suit icon for the Trophy Cloth, than to
digitise each icon separately.

  http://www.ludism.org/piecepack/pplogourl.png

The upshot of this is good news for everyone.  West Coast Awards and
Athletics, the company who did the embroidery, now has the embroidery
pattern for the graphic above on file.  I have instructed them to
allow anyone who contacts them to buy gear embroidered with the
piecepack logo from them at their regular prices (that is, there is no
middleman; for example, Marty and I are not profiting from anything
West Coast Awards sells you).

I myself just ordered a nice stone-coloured baseball-style cap
embroidered with the piecepack logo for about $11.00.  (The embroidery
of the cap-sized version of the logo cost about $6.00, while the cap
itself cost $4.50.)  Besides baseball hats, West Coast Awards can
embroider winter ski caps, T-shirts, piquet polo shirts, jackets of
many descriptions, duffel bags, and more.  If you're a big fat guy
like me, you'll probably appreciate knowing that some of their shirts
go up to 6XL.

>From what I have seen, their prices are very reasonable, and discounts
for orders in quantity are the norm.  This raises two possibilities:
(1) group orders by the piecepack community to save money, and (2)
entrepreneurial purchase of piecepack gear in quantity, then reselling
at a profit.  It's kind of like free / open source software that way
-- or like the piecepack itself.

The contact information for West Coast Awards is below.
Unfortunately, they don't show catalog items on their website, but you
can get a big paper catalog from them just by asking.  You might want
to wait until Tuesday to order your piecepack gear, even if you are
excited and want to order some right away, because I need to visit
them Monday after I send off the Trophy Cloth and finalise the details
of the small (hat-sized) and medium (shirt-sized) piecepack logos.

West Coast Awards
515 East Smith
Kent, WA 98031
Tel: (253) 854-4973
Fax: (253) 850-1521
http://www.westcoastawards.com/

Share and Enjoy!

Ron H-E

--
       Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... & rwhe@...
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,