Re: [piecepack] Design Contest Winner Announcement

Wow!  First off, thanks!  I checked the website at work, during the day, and
was pleasantly shocked to see that New City won the Changing Landscapes
competition.  And I'm positive that my co-workers didn't at all get sick of
me, introducing myself, as an 'awarding winning game designer' throughout
the day. :)

Well, since I've been lurking for awhile, and am pretty unknown, let me
introduce myself to everyone.  My name is Rob, and I'm a 31 year old
internet developer from Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. (About an hour from
Toronto)  My hobbies are theatre (acting, directing, etc.,) and, of course,
german games. I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppy dogs, and... uh,
nevermind.  I've been collecting games for a long time, and every chance I
get, I invite people over to my place for Games Days.

Of the people I'd like to thank, the biggest thanks goes to Jonathan
Dietrich.  He introduced me to the whole piecepack system, encouraged me to
enter the contest, helped with playtesting and gave me my very own JCD
piecepack for my birthday!  I'd also like to thank the play-testers;
especially Sean, Dave and the rest of the Waterloo Gamers.  Big thanks also
to Michael and Karol (hmmm... perhaps my last name does sound better as
Logwood:)) for putting this together; I'm sure I'll feel the pain, very,
very soon.  Lastly, thanks to everyone for your kind words about the game.
I had a lot of fun creating it and I hope you have just as much playing it.

The next contest will be up soon, and I look forward to judging the 4th
piecepack competition. (And Michael - feel free to hang on to the trophy
cloth as long as you'd like; you deserve some quality time with it!)

Jonathan and I are already planning on having a piecepack Games Day to play
the contest entries with our friends.  Can't wait!  If any of you are close
to me, drop me a line and I'll add you to the invite list.

Rob.