Re: [piecepack] Design Contest Winner Announcement

Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:29:38AM -0800, Michael Schoessow wrote:

The winner of the Third Piecepack Game Design Competition is,....

              NEW CITY  by Rob LeGood

Congratulations Rob!

Yes, congrats.

It sounds as though the bar has been raised for piecepack game design.
That is good for everyone, players and designers alike!  Our game,
Easy Slider, was a mere slip of a thing, hardly calculated to compete
with such obviously meaty fare as New City.  Still, we were hoping for
an honorable mention... perhaps just a kind word from a stranger... a
crumb... <sob> (I would like to thank Tim for his acknowledging the
fix I contributed to IceFloe; My ego is salvaged somewhat by feeling
that I have contributed to one of the winners just a little bit.)

Yeah, after looking over the entries I agree that "New City" is
the stand out winner.

I would be interested in your opinions and those of the other
playtesters about Easy Slider, critiqued either publicly on the list,
or privately, as you see fit.

I also would like any comments and/or playtest notes on my two games.
Thank you.

I looked, but I didn't see them.

Follow the link in the winner announcement on the home page.
They arn't in the usual place because Karol is giving us a change
to fix'm up before putting thme on the regular games page.

--
Mark Biggar
mark.a.biggar@...