Competition questions

And the questions begin!  This was posted anonymously to me, through Karol,
but the poster thought that the answer should be public, so I'll attempt to
preserve the ideas sent...

Q) Are mythological (fictional) historical events ok?

Sure.  As long as the appendix details the event, I'm OK with it.

Q) What about general historical events? (ie. not tied to a specific event)

Perfectly fine.  "New World trade with North American Natives" is an example
of this. It's not a specific historical event, but it is a part of history.
(There still should be an appendix on the subject, of course)

Rob.