Re: piecepack in Abstract Games magazine

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Clark D. Rodeffer"
<cdrodeffer@j...> wrote:

> Mike, if you have time, I'd like to chat with you (and anyone else
> who might be interested) and get your input about this. Which two
or
> three existing piecepack games would be most likely get fans of
> abstract games (usually defined as perfect information, zero-sum
> games without heavy thematic elements) excited about trying
> piecepack? Why? For this instance, I'd like to concentrate more on
> the new games designed by piecepack enthusiasts rather than
> translated games such as Reversi, Mancala and Evade. Please feel
free
> to instant message me at CDRodeffer on the AIM, MSN or Y!
messengers.

> Clark Rodeffer

Most of the piecepack games so far are both themed, and involve luck
or hidden information, so they are not abstract games. There are a
number of abstracts though, some of which are themed even though
they do not involve chance or memory. From the most recent contest I
think that Decay and Froggy Bottom are the most interesting of this
type and, at the risk of appearing self serving, I think that Alien
City from the second contest is also a worthy piecepack abstract.

It's in all our interest for the planned article in Abstract Games
magazine to generate interest in the piecepack when it is published,
abd toward that end it probably wouldn't hurt to send thoughtful
comments concerning good piecepack abstracts to Kerry.

-Mike