Re: Tula questions

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@l...> wrote:

> 1. When will Tula be posted to piecepack.org?

I have not yet submitted the Tula rules to Karol for inclusion on
piecepack.org.  I need to touch-up the diagram.  Behold my glacial
pace.

> 2. What happened to Tim Schutz's alternate Tula layout files?

That's a good question.  Last I knew, they were in the Files section
under the Rulesets in Progress folder, but as you point out, they
appear to be missing.  If I understand the file rights properly, the
only people that could have moved or removed them are myself and
Tim.  It is possible that I might have botched something at one time,
though I haven't been in there in months.  And if that is indeed the
case, everyone should take a look in that folder, as it would be
likely other files have gone missing as well.

Tim?

> 3. Will the alternate layouts ever be folded into the official
rules?

If they are public domain and the file size doesn't get too out of
hand, I could recreate Tim's diagrams as additional pages in the Tula
rules.  (I can't just insert the pages from his PDFs as-is because I
don't have Acrobat and the fonts and diagrams wouldn't match to boot.)

However, it probably makes more sense to keep them as a separate
doc.  The reason is... what if Dave Boyle wanted to create some
variant setups for Tula?  (That's a bit of subtle humor, folks, since
the only ruleset Dave has bothered to write up was actually
transcribed by yours truly.)  Or, what if Tim wanted to make changes
to one of the variant diagrams?  In general, it seems more convenient
for both original ruleset authors and variant authors to be able to
submit and maintain separate documents.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Cheers,
James