Re: [piecepack] Re: Tariffs

porter235 wrote:

4) It seems that you could get into a never ending game where
	all the player's want to do is rotate a domino back and
	forth (think about the six-blank.)  You may want a
	no-rotate back rule.

You are correct. I have misplaced what is actually a more up to date version of the rules, and the condition was not in the version posted. After rotating a dominoes, place the pawn (there is only one used in the game) on it. You may not rotate a domino with the pawn on it.

This still could lead to a condition where players just take rotate actions back and forth... if the pawn rule is not enough I will consider adding further restrictions.

I guess if you had players A, B, C and D and A & C disagreed
over one domino and B & D disagreed over a different domino then
your pawn rule doesn't help.

7) Can your route include loops?

YES. Loops and running back on yourself is also allowed. (You will be paying the cost for the other direction on the way back) This helps the poor sap who has corner commitments. A 6-6 in on one way, and they could try and get a much smaller pair on the other route. Then never have to use the 6-6.

You really need to be explicit about running back, as I read "Continuous
Route" to imply no branches.  I think you want "completed connected"
instead.

8) finally, if a non-declaring player (unlikely as it is) can trace
	a route that contains no dominoes at all, does he then get
	a route of all 2's?

Formula for calculating non-declaring players scores is:
(Total of all stops on route + (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST fee))

Nope. That route would cost as follows:

(0+ (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST fee))

so if in the DECLARER's route the most expensive single stop they had was a 5, then the cost would be
(Length of non-declarer's route * (7))

This is where the [Example] would help a lot. I will see if I can find some time to add the explicit instructions as well as an example in the next little while.

Yes, but what if the route has NO dominoes only missing links?
It has no "highest fee"!

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...