Re: Tariffs

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Mark Biggar <mark@b...> wrote:
> porter235 wrote:

> I guess if you had players A, B, C and D and A & C disagreed
> over one domino and B & D disagreed over a different domino then
> your pawn rule doesn't help.

I think I will leave it at the pawn rule.

> >>7) Can your route include loops?
> You really need to be explicit about running back, as I read
"Continuous
> Route" to imply no branches.  I think you want "completed connected"
> instead.

Continuous route may not be a good choice of words.. however if you
read the last sentence in the first paragraph under SCORE, it reads "
This path may run back on itself." I will try and clean it up some
more.

> >>8) finally, if a non-declaring player (unlikely as it is) can
trace
> >>	a route that contains no dominoes at all, does he then get
> >>	a route of all 2's?
> >

> > Formula for calculating non-declaring players scores is:
> > (Total of all stops on route +
> > (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST fee))
> >

> > Nope. That route would cost as follows:
> >
> > (0+ (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST
fee))

> > so if in the DECLARER's route the most expensive single stop they
had
> > was a 5, then the cost would be
> >
> > (Length of non-declarer's route * (7))
> >

> > This is where the [Example] would help a lot. I will see if I can
find
> > some time to add the explicit instructions as well as an example
in
> > the next little while.
>
> Yes, but what if the route has NO dominoes only missing links?
> It has no "highest fee"!

OK.. I think I need to make sure this is clear. In order to DECLARE
and hence become the DECLARER you MUST have a COMPLETED ROUTE with NO
GAPS. It is from this person's route (the declarer or the person who
went out) that you calculate the highest value from, not your own
route.

Player A DECLAREs a completed route ending the game.

(Player A can not have any missing connections in order to declare)

Player A's highest single tariff charge is 4.

Player B starts adding up their score.

They have a total of 19 but have 2 UPSIDEDOWN dominoes (or uncompleted
connections) on that route.

As a fee for the 2 unfinished connections they must pay (2*(2+4)) or
an additional 12. B's total is 19 + 12 or 31.

Hope this helps.