Re: [piecepack] Re: Tariffs

porter235 wrote:
--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Mark Biggar <mark@b...> wrote:

porter235 wrote:

8) finally, if a non-declaring player (unlikely as it is) can

trace

	a route that contains no dominoes at all, does he then get
	a route of all 2's?

Formula for calculating non-declaring players scores is:
(Total of all stops on route + (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST fee))

Nope. That route would cost as follows:

(0+ (number of missing links required * (2 + Declarer's HIGHEST

fee))

so if in the DECLARER's route the most expensive single stop they

had
was a 5, then the cost would be
(Length of non-declarer's route * (7))

This is where the [Example] would help a lot. I will see if I can

find
some time to add the explicit instructions as well as an example

in
the next little while.

Yes, but what if the route has NO dominoes only missing links?
It has no "highest fee"!

OK.. I think I need to make sure this is clear. In order to DECLARE and hence become the DECLARER you MUST have a COMPLETED ROUTE with NO GAPS. It is from this person's route (the declarer or the person who went out) that you calculate the highest value from, not your own route.

Player A DECLAREs a completed route ending the game.
(Player A can not have any missing connections in order to declare)

Player A's highest single tariff charge is 4.

Player B starts adding up their score. They have a total of 19 but have 2 UPSIDEDOWN dominoes (or uncompleted connections) on that route.

As a fee for the 2 unfinished connections they must pay (2*(2+4)) or an additional 12. B's total is 19 + 12 or 31.

I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear here.  What I want to know is
what if a NON-declarer has a route containing only upside down dominoes?

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...