Re: Tariffs

> > fee))

> > had

> > find

> > in

> >>Yes, but what if the route has NO dominoes only missing links?
> >>It has no "highest fee"!
> >

> > OK.. I think I need to make sure this is clear. In order to
DECLARE
> > and hence become the DECLARER you MUST have a COMPLETED ROUTE with
NO
> > GAPS. It is from this person's route (the declarer or the person
who
> > went out) that you calculate the highest value from, not your own
> > route.
> >
> > Player A DECLAREs a completed route ending the game.
> >
> > (Player A can not have any missing connections in order to
declare)

> > Player A's highest single tariff charge is 4.
> >
> > Player B starts adding up their score.
> >
> > They have a total of 19 but have 2 UPSIDEDOWN dominoes (or
uncompleted
> > connections) on that route.
> >
> > As a fee for the 2 unfinished connections they must pay (2*(2+4))
or
> > an additional 12. B's total is 19 + 12 or 31.
>
> I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear here.  What I want to know
is
> what if a NON-declarer has a route containing only upside down
dominoes?

Game has 1 declarer only ever. They must have all upright dominoes by
definition. You take their highest single most expensive connection
(half dominoe) that they paid for and add 2 to it. This is the value
of the UNFINISHED CONNECTION FEE (UCF). The UCF is the fee paid for
EVERY UNFINISHED CONNECTION (UPSIDEDOWN dominoe) that a non-declaring
player must make to complete their route.

So if you have a NON-declarer who has a route consiting of only upside
down dominoes, they will pay the UCF for each and every stop they make
on their route, making it quite an expensive run.

I hope this clears it up.

(I hope to post a new copy of the rules with some clarifications in
the next 24hrs. Thanks Mark for your help in making me make this more
clear.)