Piecepack gourmet

I don't go out to eat much (constraints of a nuclear family and post-
nuclear budget!) but, the other night, while waiting at the
restuarant for my meal to arrive, it struck me that the 20-30 minutes
of "waiting" could be gainfully turned into active gaming time
(depending on who your fellow diners are, of course!).

It seems that the kind of piecepack game that would be most
appropriate for this situation would be one that is:

* suitable for 2-4 players
* playable in 20-30 minutes
* requires no additional equipment
* more about "mental" agility than physical "dexterity" (no flying
counters on the tabletop...)
* relatively simple to explain (unless, of course, all your fellow
players are piecepack gurus too!)

Any ideas or suggestions as to suitable candidates?