Re: Piecepack gourmet

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "boardgamesbook" <dhohls@c...> wrote:
> it struck me that the 20-30 minutes
> of "waiting" could be gainfully turned into active gaming time
> (depending on who your fellow diners are, of course!).
>
> It seems that the kind of piecepack game that would be most
> appropriate for this situation would be one that is:
>
> * suitable for 2-4 players
> * playable in 20-30 minutes
> * requires no additional equipment
> * more about "mental" agility than physical "dexterity" (no flying
> counters on the tabletop...)
> * relatively simple to explain (unless, of course, all your fellow
> players are piecepack gurus too!)
>
> Any ideas or suggestions as to suitable candidates?

We have played at restaurants on a few occasions using my pocket-size piecepack
that I described in a recent message.  From experience, I can also add the following
constraints:
* no dice rolling (same problem as dexterity games)
* either no setup or a quick and compact setup

I won't speak for others' designs, but as for mine, I can recommend Takeover and
Hanging Gardens for restaurant play.

Bon Apetit,
James