Re: [piecepack] Re: Piecepack gourmet

James K Droscha wrote:
--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "boardgamesbook" <dhohls@c...> wrote:

it struck me that the 20-30 minutes of "waiting" could be gainfully turned into active gaming time (depending on who your fellow diners are, of course!).

It seems that the kind of piecepack game that would be most appropriate for this situation would be one that is:

* suitable for 2-4 players
* playable in 20-30 minutes
* requires no additional equipment
* more about "mental" agility than physical "dexterity" (no flying counters on the tabletop...) * relatively simple to explain (unless, of course, all your fellow players are piecepack gurus too!)

Any ideas or suggestions as to suitable candidates?

We have played at restaurants on a few occasions using my pocket-size piecepack that I described in a recent message. From experience, I can also add the following constraints:
* no dice rolling (same problem as dexterity games)
* either no setup or a quick and compact setup

I won't speak for others' designs, but as for mine, I can recommend Takeover and Hanging Gardens for restaurant play.

Bon Apetit,
James

Evade works.

--