RE: Games on demand

> There is nothing in the piecepack design that prohibits one using a
> board with it.  Bear in mind, though, that the piecepack philosophy
> is to be a "portable" system - having to carry boards around might be
> an extra hassle.

As an on-demand board game approach, this would really be a different philosophy. I wasn't looking to expand the piecepack idea.

What you have is an inventory of pieces such as wooden cubes, cylinders, different pawn shapes, etc. The game designer would have to pay for setup of his board artwork and box artwork, and define which pieces are to be included in the game and in what colors.

The organization that turns this into a real game (I'll call it the "service") would take this inventory and artwork and determine the on-demand price of the game, allowing for all costs plus some profit for the service as well as the designer in some equitable ratio. Then, the designer could link directly to the service from the web or through a game catalog or whatever, and people would be able to order games from the service. When a game is ordered, a game board and box are printed and prepared, the appropriate components from the inventory are included, and the game is shipped. Voila! On-demand board games.

- Brett
www.OrcSports.com