Re: [piecepack] Re: Chariots

Matt Worden wrote:
--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Mark A. Biggar" <mark@b...> wrote:
MW>> 5- Damage track ... when moving your piece, you can somehow mark the MW>> space you are moving from (perhaps with the coin you spend to do the MW>> action) ... this space in the track is now off-limits

MAB> Doesn't really fit the theme. Chariot tracks were packed dirt and thus
MAB> hard to damage enough to impede horses or large wheeled chariots.

Fair enough ... ;-)

What about causing some type of obstacle on the track? I was trying to find a way to pinch other riders by lessening their choice of legal moves -- and maybe even removing the last one they had, causing them to crash. It would probably have to be removed from the track at the end of the current lap.

I've been trying to come up with a theme related way to have such
obstacles and haven't yet thought of one.  There's just not enough
stuff on a chariot to leave behind for an obstacle without disabling
the chariot.  This needs a lot more thought.

--
mark@...
mark.a.biggar@...