Re: [piecepack] Pharaoh's Heir for 2?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Massimo Biasotto
  To: piecepack@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 7:34 AM
  Subject: [piecepack] Pharaoh's Heir for 2?

  >My gaming group is usually composed only by my wife and me, so I'm always
  >looking for good 2-player games or 2-player variants for multiplayer games.

  Massimo, be sure to try 2-player New City if you haven't yet. We found (when evaluating the games of the third design competition) that if each player took (i.e., played) two quarters of the city, located opposite each other, the game works very well indeed, and was just about as enjoyable as when played with four. At the end, each player scores only his lowest scoring quarter. We did find that without this last rule the games doesn't work very well with two players.

  -Mike Schoessow