Re: The IVxVI Puzzle

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, Ed Thorn <prophesor@y...> wrote:

> Isn't it just as simple as a Knight's Move?
>
> 121212
> 212121
>
> 3&4 inverted as above.

Hi Prophesor,

I don't actually understand your suggestion, but it does not appear
to account for color.  Also, if the numbers in your chart refer to
the tiles' values, you seem to have too many of each.

Besides me not understanding you, perhaps a different statement of
the puzzle is in order:

Arrange all the tiles into a 4 by 6 grid.  For every tile in the
grid, ALL of the following must be true:
1) there are no tiles of the same value adjacent to it
2) there are no tiles of the same value diagonal to it
3) there are no tiles of the same color adjacent to it
4) there are no tiles of the same color diagonal to it

Apologies if I am being thick.  I am just not quite sure how to read
your chart.

Cheers,
James